Monday, May 31, 2010

monday.

Memorial Day. All I see is grey sky and mute colors as raindrops blur the scenery outside the vast window. The weather is definitely living up to its dreary Monday stigma. I’m glad I’m not stranded in a town due to failed plans of attending a parade, or at home looking for the neighbor’s dog that ran off under my family's watch because he was spooked by the thunderstorm that came through this morning. I’m glad I’m here, at Gerald R. Ford International Airport, watching my flight get delayed, and wallowing in the fact that I am about to embark on this adventure. It will be interesting... passing through security with no problems was a really big achievement for me, if that is any indication of obstacles and challenges to come, haha. The only thing I can do now is wait, and see when my flight leaves. Right now it has been delayed from 3:45 to 4:30, meaning I will miss my flight in Detroit but can catch a later one that will put me in Amsterdam 45 minutes before that flight leaves for Johannesburg. I kinda hope flights get really delayed and I have to get put up in a hotel in Amsterdam, or connect in London, fly to Amsterdam the next day, then fly to Johannesburg. –Ahh I am dreaming. I start to think silly things when I am deprived of sleep. I only got 30 minutes of shut eye, because as much as I believed my conscience to be relaxed and mellow about this trip, I can’t deny the sporadic moments where my whole body tensed and my toes sprung me off the floor in excitement, keeping my adrenaline running and me awake. Finally after falling asleep at 6:30 in the morning, a loud thunderstorm rolled through and my Dad incessantly yelled at me to get out of bed. So much for sleep! Well, it seems like we are boarding, so I’m going to get going. But Happy Memorial Day to everyone, ~Love You Grandpa Raymond, Rest in Peace and Thank You for your service.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you don't nooze right though one of your connecting flights! ha..ha...

    I hope you have a fabulous time. Do lots of exploring. Be adventurous. Be safe!

    have fun. Love you! Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete