Sunday, May 9, 2010

where i was then...and where i am now...


Yup, that's me. This pic was taken at the beginning of the semester of my sophomore year on a football Saturday that consisted of losing my voice, easy livin', and bliss. I didn't really know what to expect for that year, and plans for the 2010 Summer were the last things on my mind. Fall term faded, and winter term brought nothing but a whirlwind of opportunities. I applied to a summer camp, but wasn't offered a position. I applied to several internships, and they didn't work out. I contemplated devoting a majority of my summer to a leadership training in Ann Arbor, and more important plans were revealed. So, being my usual self who manages to stay awake into the wee hours of the morning, I was dinking around on my computer when I came across the perfect plans for my summer.
And so here we are, the bare beginnings of Summer, 2010, and I have a plane ticket that is valid for a May 31, 2010 departure. Destination: South Africa. All my life I have only known one kind of football . But now, a different kind of football consumes my mind - fĂștbol. Please join me as I share the moments leading up to departure for South Africa and my experience while I am there. I am very excited to have this opportunity, and I cannot wait to post again telling of what exactly I will be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment